Jasper-Newton Electric Cooperative, Inc. (JNEC) is pleased to announce my.JNEC. My.JNEC is a new online portal and payment system. This new system will allow members to not only pay their electric bill, but will provide users with resources to manage electric usage, receive notifications, report power outages, enroll in paperless billing and submit service requests. Our goal is to give JNEC members more control over their energy accounts and other valuable features. Because JNEC is transitioning to a new online portal and payment system, all users will be required to register a new user name and password.
Drafts Managed by the Member
Members, who currently schedule their electric bill to be drafted from their banking account or charged to their credit card, will need to set up the schedule/reoccurring process in the new system beginning Thursday, June 22, 2017. Information on the existing online system will not transfer to the new system.
Drafts Managed by JNEC
Members whose drafts are currently managed by JNEC, and who wish to continue automatic scheduling/reoccurring payments, will be responsible for managing their bank and/or credit card accounts for automated payments beginning Thursday, June 22, 2017. All existing banking and credit card information already managed by JNEC will transfer to the new system; however, members will need to register a user name and password to manage their account going forward. If you’re not sure who manages your drafting information, please contact a member service representative.
Important information about my.JNEC
- The current payment portal, Paymentus, will not be accessible after 7 PM on Wednesday, June 21, 2017.
- The new online portal and payment system, my.JNEC, will be accessible on Thursday, June 22, 2017.
- Users will be asked to create a user name and password.
- Users will need both their account number and meter number. This information can be found on your electric bill
- Users will need a valid email address.
- Users will be asked to answer a challenge phrase to access their account.